Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 2 1/2 cups
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 t.sp
Food Colour - 1 pinch
Fried Nuts - 1/8 cup
- Knead the wheat flour to a soft dough using some water.
- Now place the dough in a container and cover it with about 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Let it rest for the night.
- Next day, completely dissolve the dough in the water using your hands till there are no more lumps left.
- Drain this liquid using a strainer. Discard the gluten, after straining the milk.
- Leave the milk to rest in the container for about 1/2 hr to 1 hr.
- The thick milk will settle down and a layer of water will be seen up.
- Try to discard this layer of water slowly without disturbing the settled milk.
- Now in a non-stick pan heat the sugar with about 1/4 cup of water.
- Let the sugar form the single string consistency.
- Once the right consistency is reached add the thick wheat milk and keep stirring.
- Slowly it will start getting thicker.
- In the meanwhile slightly warm up the ghee in a different vessel and keep it ready.
- Once you have reached the porridge consistency start adding the ghee about 2 to 3 tb.sp at a time and keep stirring.
- Add the colour and keep mixing.
- Keep on stirring and adding the ghee slowly. Everytime you add the ghee and stir it will be absorbed, then again add ghee and stir.
- At a point of time the whole mass will start moving together.
- At this time add in the Cardamom Powder and roasted nuts and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring and adding ghee.
- Slowly it will start oozing out the ghee.
- At this stage you can stop adding the ghee. But keep stirring. Stir till it has reached the Halwa consistency and its raw smell or raw taste :) has gone/vanished. When you are able to make a ball, that means the Halwa consistency has reached.
- Transfer it in another vessel, serve hot or cold.
- You can also pour it into a tray and cut into pieces.
- In the whole process do not stop stirring. When the final stage is nearing it becomes hard to stir, but do not leave keep stirring.
- And there the excellent Godhumai Halwa is ready in a easy way.
Sending this to my announcement post of the Tried and Tasted Event in Kitchen Chronicles and to Priyas Versatile Recipe who is hosting the Tried and Tasted Event this month.
And this delicious Halwa is also going to
Kids Delight - Dessert event hosted by Veg Nation. The event was started by Srivalli of At Spice your life.
Foodabulous Fest hosted by Preeti's Kitchen Life.
Hot Beverages and Desert within 45 minutes hosted by Just Cooking N Baking
Manasi of A Cook @ Heart is holding a event called "I Must Make That" and she also has a giveaway. And after seeing her announcement I realized that the CupoNationIndia is catching up faster. And so sending this entry to her.
and to the Sweet Luv - CJ#4 hosted by Cooks Joy